The Zūm™ wireless wall-box switch (ZUMMESH-5A-SW) provides control of a single switched 5 Amp, 100-277 Volt lighting load. It features a single rocker switch to enable simple on/off switching. Standard gang-box installation allows one or more units to be installed in a 3-1/2 inch (89 mm) deep electrical box (decorator-style faceplate sold separately).
Zūm Mesh wireless technology affords easy “pair and play” integration as part of a complete Zūm commercial room lighting system. Energy-saving options are available to enable occupancy or vacancy sensing, and centralized monitoring and management.
- Occupancy or vacancy sensor connectivity drive the potential for significant energy savings by turning lights off automatically when the room is vacant to reduce energy usage.
Pair and Play
- Designed with flexibility and ease-of-use in mind, Zūm switches are pre-programmed with “pair and play” functionality. An installer can simply install the switch in a room along with Zūm occupancy sensors or vacancy sensors, set up the room with a few quick button taps, and then use the switch to control the lights in the room – no programming required! Room setup can also be accomplished using the Zūm app if the room is equipped with a Zūm Network Bridge. The Zūm Network Bridge also enables centralize monitoring and management via a Zūm Floor Hub and Zūm Net Wireless Gateway.
Zūm Mesh Wireless Technology
- Ultra-reliable Zūm Mesh wireless technology provides steadfast peer-to-peer RF communications within a commercial space without the need for physical control wiring, hubs, or gateways. Employing a Wi-Fi® friendly 2.4 GHz peer-to-peer mesh network topology, nearly every Zūm Mesh device acts as a “routing node,” relaying wireless commands directly between Zūm Mesh devices to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption.
- Zūm Mesh is smart! Every Zūm Mesh device knows its purpose and just the right messages to communicate to other Zūm Mesh devices within the space. Each Zūm Mesh device that is added to the space effectively increases the range and stability of the peer-to-peer mesh network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. Each Zūm Mesh device auto-negotiates its RF channel to provide robust communication and is protected through AES 128-bit encryption. The wireless range between any two Zūm Mesh devices is typically 50 feet (15 meters).
- Please refer to the Zūm Lighting Control System Setup Guide (Doc # 7957A) for additional information.
- Zūm™ wireless wall-box switch
- Pair and play with Zūm occupancy sensors or vacancy sensors
- Zūm Mesh peer-to-peer RF communications for easy integration into a complete standalone or networked Zūm wireless lighting control solution
- Single rocker switch and status LED
- Controls switched lighting loads
- Rated 5 Amps at 100-277 Volts AC
- Flying lead wiring connections
- Standard 3-1/2 inch (89 mm) deep electrical box installation
- Available in smooth black, white, almond, gray, or red finish
- Matching decorator-style faceplate available separately
- Meets UL® 916 standard for energy management equipment
- Meets CEC Title 24 energy efficiency standards
- Meets ASHRAE® 90.1 energy efficiency standards
- ICC® International Energy Conservation Code® compliant