A completely wireless passive infrared sensor designed to report when a room is occupied or vacant. Enables customizable automation and room monitoring to reduce energy usage and enhance the functionality of any Crestron system.
Crestron® occupancy sensors offer a powerful, cost-saving solution for reducing energy usage and enhancing system functionality. As part of a complete Crestron system, they can be used to enable automation of lighting, shading, HVAC, and AV equipment based on room occupancy or vacancy. They can also be used to expand the capabilities of a room scheduling, asset management, or energy monitoring solution through integration with the Crestron Fusion® Enterprise Management service.
The GLS-OIR-CSM-EX-BATT is a battery-powered, passive infrared occupancy sensor designed for ceiling mount installation in small areas up to 500 square feet or 46.5 square meters. It communicates wirelessly with a Crestron control system via the infiNET EX® wireless network, allowing for quick installation without running any wires.
Passive Infrared Occupancy Sensing
- Passive infrared (PIR) technology employs a highly sensitive specialized lens that divides the field-of-view into sensor zones. The sensor detects motion when a warm body passes between zones, achieving dependable motion detection with superior immunity to false triggering from vibrations, inanimate objects, or movement in an adjacent corridor. The detection sensitivity is adjustable for optimum performance. Timeout can be set anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes to maintain occupied status during short periods of inactivity. A half mask and perforated mask are included to customize the coverage area.
Vacancy Only Mode with Grace Occupancy
- The GLS-OIR-CSM-EX-BATT can be configured via the control system program to sense vacancy only. In this mode, the lighting and other equipment is shut off automatically when a room becomes vacant, but can only be turned on manually. If the lights turn off while someone is in the room, they can be turned back on by simply waving a hand within the 15 second grace period.
infiNET EX® Wireless Technology
- Ultra-reliable infiNET EX wireless technology provides steadfast two-way RF communications throughout a residential or commercial structure without the need for physical control wiring. The GLS-OIR-CSM-EX-BATT communicates with a Crestron control system via an infiNET EX wireless gateway, and can function as part of a complete network of wireless sensors, lighting dimmers, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, keypads, handheld remotes, and other devices.
Ceiling Surface Mount Installation
- The GLS-OIR-CSM-EX-BATT includes hardware for mounting to a typical drywall or drop-tile ceiling. When installed, it achieves a discreet appearance against a white ceiling, and may be painted to blend with other surfaces.
- Wireless ceiling mount occupancy sensor
- Passive infrared motion detection
- 360 degree, 500 square feet (46.5 m2) coverage
- Half mask and perforated mask included
- 10-year battery life using included 9 Volt lithium battery
- Control system integration via infiNET EX® wireless network
- Vacancy-only capability with grace occupancy
- Discreet, low-profile appearance