Provides a compact, high-definition H.264 streaming receiver and room controller for use with a DigitalMedia™ system or other application.
The Crestron® DM-RMC-100-STR is a compact H.264 streaming decoder designed to receive high-definition AV signals over an IP network. It provides a perfect complement to any DigitalMedia™ switcher with a streaming output, and can also be used to add streaming input capability to other switchers and devices. By transporting all video, audio, control, and power signals through a single PoE LAN connection, the DM-RMC-100-STR delivers the perfect solution for applications where new or dedicated wiring cannot be installed. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design enables a discreet installation behind a flat-panel display, above a ceiling mounted projector, on an AV cart, or inside an equipment rack.
- High-performance H.264 streaming capability enables enterprise-wide distribution of HD content over a wired or wireless IP network. Streaming expands the capabilities of a DigitalMedia system to remove all distance limitations and facilitate high-definition AV signal routing from sources anywhere in the world. Streaming also allows for the utilization of existing network infrastructure to overcome situations where the installation of new or dedicated wiring may not be feasible.
- The DM-RMC-100-STR decodes the streaming signal from a DM switcher, IP camera, or other streaming source, and outputs it as HDMI to feed the input of a display device, AV receiver, or switcher. Streaming signals with resolutions up to HD 1080p60 and bitrates up to 25 Mbps are supported. High-quality AAC audio decoding provides support for 2-channel stereo audio with full frequency response. The encoded video and audio can be received as an independent RTP stream or encapsulated in an MPEG-TS (MPEG-2 Transport Stream) container.
- In addition to H.264 and AAC, the DM-RMC-100-STR can also decode MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video, and MP3, MP2, or WAV stereo audio formats. Dolby Digital® 5.1 encoded audio can be passed through undecoded.
- The DM-RMC-100-STR includes a balanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the streaming input and fed to an amplifier, sound bar, or a pair of amplified speakers. The output volume, bass, and treble are adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
- The DM-RMC-100-STR includes built-in RS-232 and IR control ports to allow for programmable control of the connected display and other devices. Additional control capability is afforded by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Via its Ethernet connection to the control system, the DM-RMC-100-STR provides a gateway for controlling the display device right through its HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
Dynamic Text and Image Overlay
- Image overlay capability enables organizations to brand their streaming content by overlaying a logo graphic onto the video image. Dynamic text is also supported to allow for labeling of the video, or to enable the display of instructions, schedules, alerts, and other messaging.
- Built-in Web pages facilitate setup of the DM-RMC-100-STR from a laptop, whether running standalone or connected to a DM switcher. Extensive setup, control, and monitoring of the device is also provided through integration with a Crestron control system.
- The DM-RMC-100-STR mounts conveniently to a wall, ceiling, or other flat surface. Its compact, surface-mountable form factor fits easily behind a flat panel display, above a ceiling-mounted projector, or inside an AV cart or other furniture. It can even be attached directly to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. It can be powered using the wall mount power pack (included), or via PoE (Power over Ethernet) for a true one-wire solution. All connections and LED indicators are positioned on the top and bottom, ensuring optimal access and visibility for a clean, serviceable installation.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- High-definition streaming media decoder
- Compact, surface-mountable form factor fits in tight spaces
- Provides a streaming receiver for DigitalMedia™ systems
- Enables HD AV signal distribution over IP with no distance limitations
- Supports streaming at resolutions up to 1080p60 and bitrates up to 25 Mbps
- Decodes MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and H.264 video formats
- Decodes WAV, MP2, MP3, and AAC stereo audio formats
- Allows pass-through of Dolby Digital® 5.1 encoded audio
- Includes HDMI® and analog audio outputs
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Dynamic text and image overlay capability for branding and messaging
- 10/100 Ethernet LAN port for streaming and control system integration
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, and RS-232
- Web-based setup
- Powered via PoE or local power pack
- 100-240V universal power pack included