An advanced single-channel dimmer module controlled by Cresnet®. Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, electronic low-voltage, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads. UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control applications.
The Crestron Green Light® GL-EXP Series delivers a family of professional lighting control modules for Cresnet® or DALI® based lighting systems. Designed for easy installation on a wall or above a suspended ceiling, these modules offer a perfect solution for adding extra lighting zones to any system without requiring an additional lighting cabinet.
The GL-EXP-DIMU-CN is a single-channel universal dimmer expansion module designed to control a wide range of dimmable lighting load types including electronic and magnetic low-voltage, LED, incandescent, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent. Utilizing proprietary zero-cross filter technology, the GL-EXP-DIMU-CN compensates for line voltage and frequency fluctuations, providing superior immunity to power line noise and a dramatic reduction in lamp flicker.
Auto-Detecting Universal Dimming
- Under normal operation, the GL-EXP-DIMU-CN detects the connected load type and selects the appropriate operating mode automatically. Reverse phase (trailing edge) mode supports incandescent and electronic low-voltage load types, while forward phase (leading edge) mode handles magnetic low-voltage, neon, and other inductive load types. Center phase mode is also available, combining reverse and forward phase load control to address special cases. The operative mode is indicated by two LEDs located on the front panel.
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-CN interfaces with a Crestron® control system via Cresnet. Cresnet is a simple 4-wire network bus that provides the communications backbone for a system of Crestron lighting dimmers, switches, keypads, shades, thermostats, and other devices.
Emergency Lighting Control
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-CN is UL® 924 listed for use in controlling an emergency lighting load. In the event of a power failure, a contact closure from a power loss sensor (Crestron GLS-PLS-120/277, sold separately) activates the override mode in the GL-EXP-DIMU-CN to turn on the lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source). The override dimming level can be preset to any value when commissioning the lighting system, so even if the load is already on prior to a power failure, it will change to the preset level when override mode is activated.
Plenum Rated NEMA Enclosure
- The GL-EXP-DIMU-CN is designed to be mounted to a vertical surface and is UL 2043 compliant to allow for installation in an environmental air-handling space above a suspended ceiling. Conduit knockouts are provided on the bottom and lower sides of the unit. All connections are made via screw terminals behind the front cover.
- Single-channel universal lighting dimmer
- Crestron® system integration via Cresnet®
- Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, electronic low-voltage, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads
- Rated 16 Amps at 100-277 Volts AC
- Auto load type detection
- Forward and reverse phase modes
- Zero-cross filter technology for reduced lamp flicker
- Extreme stability under noisy power line conditions
- Built-in air gap relay
- Closure-activated override mode
- UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control
- Surface mountable NEMA Type 1 enclosure
- Mounts on a wall panel or above a suspended ceiling
- UL 2043 listed for installation in an environmental air handling space