Pairs with a DM Lite transmitter to provide a simple point-to-point signal extender for HDMI® signals up to HD 1080p and WUXGA. Features a built-in HD scaler, auto-switching HDMI input, and stereo analog audio output. Provides control of the display device via CEC, IR, or RS-232, and supports integration with a control system over Ethernet.
The HD-RX-201-C-E is a surface-mountable DM Lite receiver designed to pair with a DM Lite transmitter to form a point-to-point signal extender for HDMI® signals. It features a built-in HD video scaler and handles video resolutions up to HD 1080p and WUXGA. It supports Dolby Digital®, DTS®, and 8-channel LPCM surround sound audio formats, and includes a stereo analog audio output. It also includes a local HDMI input to supplement the input(s) at the transmitter. The HD-RX-201-C-E links to the transmitter using a single CAT5e (or better) twisted pair cable and supports cable lengths of up to 230 ft (70 m).
Note: For applications requiring 4K video signal extension with high-bitrate audio support, refer to the HD-RX-101-C-E or HD-RXC-101-C-E.
In addition to its DM Lite link port, the HD-RX-201-C-E also includes a single HDMI input, which may be wired to an optional wall plate or used to connect a local source such as a mini PC or Crestron® AirMedia® Gateway. Auto-switching between the HDMI and link inputs affords plug-and-play simplicity. Manual input selection is also available via individual buttons on the unit.
Note: Auto-switching behavior for all of the inputs on the transmitter and receiver can be configured using “priority routing” mode to define which inputs take precedence when connecting multiple sources.
A single HDMI output provides for connection to the display device (or other equipment). The HDMI output video signal is professionally scaled automatically to the native resolution of the display to ensure reliable performance and optimal image quality. Resolutions up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA are supported. The HDMI output also passes audio to the display, or the stereo analog audio output may be used to feed audio to a separate sound bar or amplifier.
The HD-RX-201-C-E features onboard control capabilities to automatically turn the display device on when an input signal is detected, and off when no source is connected. Display control is available using the onboard IR or RS-232 ports, or through the HDMI connection using CEC. Connecting the HD-RX-201-C-E to an Ethernet network enables easy setup, configuration, and basic operation using a web browser, and also allows integration with a Crestron control system for enhanced control capabilities using a Crestron touch screen, keypad, wireless remote, or mobile device app. The control system can be programmed to provide enhanced control of the display device, switch inputs on the receiver and transmitter, adjust the analog audio output volume, and control any other equipment in the room using IR, RS-232, CEC, and IP. Integration with a control system also enables centralized monitoring and scheduling using the Crestron Fusion® Enterprise Management Service.
Note: The control ports on this device cannot be used to extend IR, RS-232, or Ethernet signals over the DM Lite link. COM and IR ports on the transmitter are not addressable from the HD-RX-201-C-E or control system.
The HD-RX-201-C-E is designed to mount on a wall behind a flat-panel display, on the ceiling above a projector, or on any other flat surface. It can also be attached to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. When powered using the provided wall mount power pack, the HD-RX-201-C-E also supplies power to the connected transmitter over the link cable. Alternately, a power pack may be connected to the transmitter, which in turn supplies power to the HD-RX-201-C-E over the link cable.
Important: The RJ45 link port on this product, labeled “FROM TX,” is exclusively intended for linking with a single DM Lite transmitter. It should not be used to connect to any other equipment or network. DM Lite is not compatible with PoE, PoDM, DigitalMedia 8G+® (DM 8G+®), or HDBaseT®.
- Pairs with a DM Lite receiver to provide a point-to-point signal extender, switcher, and HD video scaler
- Enables extension of HDMI® video and audio signals
- Also provides a local HDMI input and analog audio output
- Auto-switches between the local HDMI input and the input(s) on the transmitter
- Links to the transmitter via a single CAT5e (or better) twisted pair cable
- Supports HD 1080p and WUXGA at up to 230 ft (70 m)
- Automatically scales input signals to match the room display
- Performs deinterlacing of NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources
- Handles Deep Color
- Supports Dolby Digital® 5.1, DTS® 5.1, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Compatible with HDMI and DVI display devices
- Compatible with HDMI, DVI, and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Supports stereo audio de-embedding via the analog audio output
- Provides up to 150 ms lip-sync delay at the analog output
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Includes comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Easy web browser setup and configuration
- Enables display device control via CEC, IR, or RS-232
- Automatically turns the display on and off based on input signal detection
- Allows control system integration for fully programmable functionality
- Low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V power pack included