Facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network using DM® NVX encoder/decoders. Provides the virtual equivalent of one or more hardware-based DM matrix switchers. Supports copper and fiber LAN connectivity. Includes hot-swappable redundant power supplies.
The DM® XiO Director, model DM-XIO-DIR-ENT, is an enterprise-grade network appliance that facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network. Using DM NVX encoder/decoders, Crestron® offers the industry’s most versatile and scalable solution for distributing 4K60 4:4:4 HDR video over an IP network. The XiO Director provides a means for managing large networks of DM NVX devices, routing AV signals, and simplifying integration with one or more Crestron control systems.
Virtual DM® Switcher
- The XiO Director virtually emulates the functionality of a traditional hardware-based DigitalMedia™ matrix switcher, routing high-quality 4K streaming AV signals throughout a room, building, or campus. The DM-XIO-DIR-ENT model supports a total of 1000 endpoint devices consisting of DM NVX encoders and decoders. Multiple XiO Director units can be deployed, with the ability to route signals between units just like hardware switchers, easily handling even the largest corporate enterprise, university, governmental, military, medical, transportation, sports, entertainment, hospitality, gaming, or retail application.
Simple, Flexible Configuration
- System configuration could not be simpler. The XiO Director automatically discovers each DM NVX endpoint on the network, and allows each endpoint to be assigned as a logical input or output within a “domain.” A domain is a logical grouping of endpoints that operate together as a single switching entity, allowing individual rooms and other subsystems to be arranged and controlled independently. It’s like having multiple independent matrix switchers in a single rack space. The XiO Director effectively eliminates the need for physical switchers in every room, replacing them with the virtual equivalent running on the AV network.
- Note: The DM-XIO-DIR-ENT supports a maximum of 240 domains. For larger systems, use multiple units.
Easy Web-based Setup and Control
- The XiO Director provides an intuitive web-based user interface to facilitate system configuration, signal routing, and comprehensive diagnostics of the complete AV network. Each domain and endpoint, as well as the inputs and outputs on each endpoint, can be designated with a user-friendly name. Navigating the entire system is easy using the search box to quickly find domains, endpoints, inputs, and outputs by name or address. A system overview screen is also provided, showing the video and audio signal status for every input and output in a graphical layout that’s easy to view and navigate.
Copper or Fiber LAN Connectivity
- The DM-XIO-DIR-ENT includes six 1000Base-T RJ45 LAN ports and six 10GBase-X SFP+ LAN ports. Connection to a Gigabit or 10 Gigabit fiber optic network is facilitated by inserting an appropriate SFP or SFP+ transceiver module (Crestron SFP-1G or SFP-10G series, sold separately) into any SFP+ port. A selection of modules is offered to accommodate various multimode and single-mode fiber types.
- Note: Ports 7 and 8 are strictly 10 Gb and only compatible with SFP-10G SFP+ transceivers.
Redundant Power Supplies
- Onboard dual redundant power supplies provide enhanced reliability for demanding applications. In the unlikely event of an individual power supply fault, the DM-XIO-DIR-ENT will continue to operate unhindered on only one functioning power supply. A modular, hot-swappable design allows either power supply to be replaced in seconds from the rear panel without powering down or rebooting the system. The DM-XIO-DIR-ENT ships complete with both power supply modules installed.
- Comprehensive network AV system configuration, management, and signal routing
- Emulates a traditional hardware-based matrix switcher
- Works with Crestron® DM® NVX encoders and decoders
- Supports 1000 endpoints and 240 domains
- Enables grouping of endpoints in up to 240 independent subsystems
- Fully scalable for any sized network
- Intuitive web-based graphical user interface
- Ethernet control system interface
- Fully-programmable control of virtual matrices and physical endpoints
- Automatic endpoint device discovery
- Custom naming and search tools
- Easy diagnostics and signal status display
- XML device map file import/export
- Built-in logging
- Six Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 LAN ports
- Six 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ LAN ports (Four are 1 Gb compatible)
- Fiber optic connectivity via optional SFP or SFP+ transceivers
- Onboard 100-240V hot-swappable redundant power supplies
- Single-space 19” rack-mountable