Provides a remote input connection for HDMI® and VGA sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G+® input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via CATx cable. Includes a USB HID device port, allowing the connected host device to be controlled by a keyboard and mouse at a different location.
The DM-TX-201-C provides an interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design makes it ideal for installation beneath a conference table, inside a lectern or equipment rack, or at virtually any other location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher, providing HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs along with Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. It connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G over twisted pair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G Cable or CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM-TX-201-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-201-C provides simple switching between two inputs. The inputs can be configured to switch automatically or be controlled through a Crestron control system. Inputs include:
- HDMI — Provides a digital multimedia input for mobile devices, computers, and AV sources with resolutions up to HD 1080p60 and WUXGA. Also handles DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
- RGB — This VGA type input handles analog RGB signals up to WUXGA 1920x1200 pixels, as well as analog video up to 1080p60. A 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo audio input is included to accommodate the analog audio signal from an unbalanced line-level source or headphone output.
Note: Analog audio breakaway capability enables the analog audio input to be used with either video input.
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-TX-201-C to a DM switcher or receiver, or to an HDBaseT device, transporting video, audio, control, networking, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection.[1,4,5] Used with a single DM 8G+ Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-201-C affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-201-Cs may be installed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
Local HDMI Output
- An HDMI output is included to enable pass-through of the selected video and audio signals to feed a local display, monitor, or sound system.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-201-C includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
USB Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-201-C also functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, allowing the connected computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be controlled by a mouse and/or keyboard located at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
CEC Embedded Device Control
- DigitalMedia provides an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-201-C provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Crestron Connect It™
- A Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) offers a convenient tabletop connectivity solution that works with the DM-TX-201-C. The cable caddy gets its control from the DM-TX-201-C through a simple USB connection.
Compact and Versatile
- The DM-TX-201-C is designed to be mounted to a flat surface or placed on a shelf. It is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern or beneath a table, and can even be attached to a rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. The unit can be powered using the wall mount power pack (included), or PoDM (Power over DigitalMedia) for a true one-wire solution.[4,5] An array of indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
A Digital Upgrade for Legacy Systems
- The DM-TX-201-C also affords a perfect signal converter for integrating DigitalMedia with analog-based systems like Crestron MPS, QuickMedia®, and the CEN-RGBHV Series. A simple HD15 VGA cable connected between the output of an MPS system and the input of the DM-TX-201-C allows every RGB, component, S-Video, and composite video input on the MPS to be converted to DigitalMedia. Analog audio is converted similarly through an unbalanced stereo audio cable. The DM-TX-201-C's HDMI input may also be used to expand the input capabilities of the MPS system to handle digital AV sources.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 2x1 AV switcher with auto-switching and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides HDMI® and RGB/component video inputs
- Also supports DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles Dolby Digital®, DTS®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes an unbalanced stereo analog line-level audio input
- Allows embedding of stereo 2-channel analog audio signals
- Includes a local HDMI output
- HDCP compliant
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface-mount design
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)