Provides a remote input connection for HDMI®, VGA, and video sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G® Single-Mode Fiber input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via one single-mode fiber strand. Includes a USB HID device port, allowing the connected host device to be controlled by a keyboard and mouse at a different location.
The DM-TX-201-S provides a simple interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design makes it ideal for installation beneath a conference table, inside a lectern or equipment rack, or at virtually any other location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence. It functions as a DM 8G® SM Fiber transmitter and switcher, providing HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs along with Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. It connects to the head end or display location using one single-mode fiber strand.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Single-Mode Fiber
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G (DM 8G). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G SM Fiber uses single-mode fiber to enable long-distance signal distribution across a campus, complex, or municipality. DM 8G SM Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over one strand of single-mode fiber, supporting distances up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber optic cable.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-201-S2 provides simple switching between two inputs. The inputs can be configured to switch automatically or be controlled through a Crestron control system. Inputs include:
- HDMI — Provides a digital multimedia input for mobile devices, computers, and AV sources with resolutions up to HD 1080p60 and WUXGA. Also handles DVI and DisplayPort Multimode signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
- RGB — This VGA type input handles analog RGB signals up to WUXGA 1920x1200 pixels, as well as analog video up to 1080p60. A 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo audio input is included to accommodate the analog audio signal from an unbalanced line-level source or headphone output.
Note: Audio breakaway capability enables the analog audio input to be used with either video input.A single fiber strand connects the DM-TX-201-S2 to a DM switcher or receiver, transporting video, audio, control, and networking signals all through one simple LC type optical connection. Used with a single DM 8G SM Fiber Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-201-S2 affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-201-S2s may be installed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.In addition to its DM 8G SM Fiber output, there is also an HDMI output provided to feed a local HDMI or DVI monitor, eliminating the need for an extra outboard distribution amp or other hardware.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-201-S2 includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, providing a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
USB Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-201-S2 also functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, allowing the connected computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be controlled by a mouse and/or keyboard located at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
CEC Embedded Device Control
- The primary objective of every Crestron system is to enable precisely the control desired for a seamless user experience. DigitalMedia provides an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-201-S2 provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Compact and Versatile
- The DM-TX-201-S2 is designed to be mounted to a flat surface or placed on a shelf. It is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern or beneath a table, and can even be attached to a rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. An array of indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
A Digital Upgrade for Legacy Systems
- The DM-TX-201-S2 also affords a perfect signal converter for integrating DigitalMedia with analog-based systems like Crestron MPS, QuickMedia®, and the CEN-RGBHV Series. A simple HD15 VGA cable connected between the output of an MPS system and the input of the DM-TX-201-S2 allows every RGB, component, S-Video, and composite video input on the MPS to be converted to DigitalMedia. Analog audio is converted similarly through a simple unbalanced stereo audio cable. The DM-TX-201-S2's HDMI input may also be used to expand the input capabilities of the MPS system to handle digital AV sources.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G™ Single-Mode Fiber transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 2x1 AV switcher with auto-switching and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD® technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over one single-mode fiber strand
- Supports cable lengths up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber
- Provides HDMI® and RGB/component video inputs
- Also supports DVI and DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles Dolby Digital®, DTS®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes a mini-TRS stereo analog audio input
- Includes a local HDMI monitor output
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface-mount design
- Universal power pack included