Provides a versatile interface for HDMI®, DisplayPort, VGA, and analog video sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G® Fiber input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via CresFiber® 8G. Includes a USB HID mouse/keyboard port and 10/100 Ethernet port.
The DM-TX-401-S provides a versatile interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G® Fiber transmitter and switcher, providing DisplayPort, HDMI®, VGA, composite video, and analog audio inputs. It also functions as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. It can be rack-mounted, placed on a shelf, or attached under a table , and connects to the head end or display location using a single multimode fiber strand.
Installed in a stationary podium or equipment rack, the DM-TX-401-S offers an ideal solution for integrating rack-mounted sources, switchers, and AV receivers into the DigitalMedia system. Mounted under a table or in a movable lectern or AV cart, it affords a simple means for connecting mobile devices, computers, cameras, and other “BYOD” sources. In a conference center or auditorium, a portable DM-TX-401-S can be connected to the system through wall plates and floor boxes as needed, requiring just a single DM 8G Fiber jack (MP-WP187-S or MPI-WP187-S) at each location.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Fiber
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G (DM 8G). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G Fiber uses multimode fiber to enable signal distribution between buildings and over lengthy wire runs. DM 8G Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM. All signals are transported over one strand of multimode fiber, supporting distances up to 1000 feet (300 m) using CresFiber® 8G, or 500 feet (150 m) using other multimode fiber optic cable.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-401-S provides simple switching among four inputs. Inputs can be selected manually from the front panel, programmatically through a Crestron control system, or automatically by simply connecting a source to one of the inputs. Inputs include:
- DisplayPort — Accommodates Apple® laptops and other computers with this type of interface.
- HDMI — Provides a digital multimedia input for mobile devices, computers, and AV sources with resolutions up to HD 1080p60 and WUXGA. Also handles DVI signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
- PC — This VGA type input handles analog RGB signals up to WUXGA 1920x1200 pixels, as well as component video up to 1080p60. A 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo audio input is included to accommodate the analog audio signal from an unbalanced line-level source or headphone output.
- Video — Accepts the connection of an NTSC or PAL composite video source with stereo unbalanced line-level audio.
Note: Analog audio breakaway capability enables either of the two analog audio inputs to be used with any video input.
A single fiber strand connects the DM-TX-401-S to a DM switcher or receiver, transporting video, audio, control, and networking signals all through one simple SC type optical connection. Used with a single DM 8G Fiber Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-401-S affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-401-Ss may be deployed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
Advanced Analog Video Processing
- Via the PC and Video inputs, the DM-TX-401-S employs advanced analog video processing with anti-aliasing and 3D comb filtering to ensure the reliable distribution of analog VGA and video sources. Built-in time base correction is also included to ensure optimal results for use with video tape players.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-401-S includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, providing a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
- The primary objective of every Crestron system is to enable precisely the control desired for a seamless user experience. The DM-TX-401-S includes built-in IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports to allow programmable control of the devices connected to it. But, it can also provide an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-401-S provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
USB Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-401-S functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, allowing a USB HID-compliant keyboard and/or mouse to be connected to the front panel and used to control a computer or other component located at the central equipment rack or some other location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
Under-Table or Rack-Mountable
- The DM-TX-401-S is housed in a compact metal enclosure that can be placed on a shelf, attached under a table, or mounted in a 19” equipment rack. Its 1RU half-width form factor allows it to fit in a single rack-space alongside a second transmitter or other 1RU half-width Crestron device. An array of controls and indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G™ Fiber transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 4x1 AV switcher with front panel input selection, auto-switching, and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD® technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over one multimode fiber strand
- Supports cable lengths up to 1000 ft (300 m) using CresFiber® 8G, or 500 ft (150 m) using other multimode fiber
- Provides DisplayPort, HDMI®, RGB/component, and composite video inputs
- Also supports DVI sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes RCA and mini-TRS stereo analog audio inputs
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Includes advanced analog video processing and time base correction
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Single-space, half-width 19-inch rack-mountable
- Under-table mountable
- Universal power pack included