Provides a controller and interface for a high-definition display device as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G® Fiber output of a DM® Switcher or Transmitter via CresFiber®. Enables USB mouse/keyboard extension, and includes Ethernet, IR, RS-232, relay, and contact sensing control ports.
The DM-RMC-150-S provides an enhanced one-box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G® Fiber receiver and control interface, providing a single HDMI® output and an analog audio output, plus Ethernet, USB HID, and a variety of control ports. Its compact, low-profile design allows the DM-RMC-150-S to be installed discreetly behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling mounted projector. It connects to the head end or source location using a single multimode fiber strand.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Fiber
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G (DM 8G). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G Fiber uses multimode fiber to enable signal distribution between buildings and over lengthy wire runs. DM 8G Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM. All signals are transported over one strand of multimode fiber, supporting distances up to 1000 feet (300 m) using CresFiber® 8G, or 500 feet (150 m) using other multimode fiber optic cable.
Multimedia Display Interface
- A single HDMI digital AV output port is provided on the DM-RMC-150-S for connection to a display or other device. The HDMI output can also handle DVI signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.A single fiber strand connects the DM-RMC-150-S to a DM switcher or transmitter, transporting video, audio, control, and networking signals all through one simple SC type optical connection. Multiple DM-RMC-150-Ss may be installed to handle each display in a multi-room distribution system, all fed from a central DM-MD series switcher. Or, a single DM-RMC-150-S can be fed straight from a DM 8G Fiber transmitter, affording a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display.
- The DM-RMC-150-S is equipped with an analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital stream and fed to a pair of speakers or a local sound system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-RMC-150-S includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, providing a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
USB Signal Extension
- DigitalMedia allows for the routing of USB signals alongside video and audio. A USB HID compliant mouse or keyboard can be connected directly to the DM-RMC-150-S and used to control a computer or media server that’s located at the central equipment cabinet or some other location. Crestron also offers USB over Ethernet Extender Modules (USB-EXT-DM), which may be added to enable support for more USB devices of virtually any type.
Embedded Device Control
- The primary objective of every Crestron system is to enable precisely the control desired for a seamless user experience. The DM-RMC-150-S includes built-in RS-232, IR, and Ethernet control ports to allow programmable control of the display device connected to it. But, it can also provide an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-RMC-150-S provides a gateway for controlling the display device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters. Two low-voltage relay ports are also included on the DM-RMC-150-S for control of a projection screen or lift. In addition, there is a single digital input port to accommodate a room occupancy sensor, power sensor, or contact closure for enhanced automation and monitoring.
- The DM-RMC-150-S mounts conveniently to a wall, ceiling, or other flat surface. At just one inch deep, it fits easily behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling-mounted projector. All connections and LED indicators are positioned on the sides, ensuring optimal access and visibility for a clean, serviceable installation. An array of indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G™ Fiber receiver, audio extractor, and display controller
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over one multimode fiber strand
- Supports cable lengths up to 1000 ft (300 m) using CresFiber® 8G, or 500 ft (150 m) using other multimode fiber
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Provides a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- HDCP compliant
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Provides two relay control ports and one contact sensing input
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface mount design
- Universal power pack included