The AV Bridge (ZUMMESH-AVBRIDGE) is a wireless control integration module designed for use with Crestron® Battery-Powered Wireless AV Keypads (ZUMMESH-KPAVBATT) and Zum™ Wireless Battery-Powered Occupancy and Vacancy Sensors (ZUMMESH-PIR-OCCUPANCY-BATT & ZUMMESH-PIR-VACANCY-BATT). It enables simple control of AV and other functions by connecting the keypads and sensors to a control system or computer, or Crestron AirMedia® Presentation System device (AM-300 & AM-200). A simple, brand-agnostic command set allows for integration with both Crestron and third-party systems via RS-232 or USB. The AV Bridge pairs wirelessly with up to eight keypads and eight sensors in a room without requiring a separate wireless gateway.
The AV Bridge also enables integration between a complete Zum commercial lighting system and an AV control system within the same room, communicating wirelessly with each Zum device in the room via the Zum Mesh wireless network. Integrating the lighting and AV systems enables control of the lights from any touch screen, keypad, handheld remote, or mobile device app tied to the control system. It also enables automation of the lights using any occupancy sensor, daylight sensor, or other device tied to the control system. Conversely, the current state of the Zum lighting devices (active lighting scene, dimming levels, occupancy status, daylight levels) can report to the control system to integrate and automate the AV and other equipment tied to the control system.
The Zum AV Bridge is designed to be mounted to a wall or other flat surface. Care should be taken when positioning the device to avoid interference from nearby RF devices, obstructions, and metal surfaces. The unit can be powered by a regulated 12-24 Volt DC power source or USB power.
- Enables Crestron® Battery-Powered Wireless AV Keypads for all applications
- Enables use of Zum™ occupancy and vacancy sensors for non-Zum applications
- Connects the keypads and sensors to a control system or computer
- Interfaces a complete Zum™ commercial lighting system to a local AV control system
- Choice of RS-232 or USB interface
- Simple, brand-agnostic command set
- Zum Mesh peer-to-peer wireless technology — no gateway required!
- Ultra-compact, surface mount design
- 12-24 Volt DC or USB powered