Provides a complete presentation control and signal routing solution with built-in audio conferencing for boardrooms and classrooms. Integrating the control system, multimedia matrix switcher, mic mixer, audio DSP, amplifier, and DigitalMedia distribution center all into a single 3-space rackmount package, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC affords substantial signal routing flexibility and high-performance signal processing without the need for separate components. Its built-in audio conferencing interface and full-bandwidth acoustic echo cancellation allow for high-quality, full-duplex voice conferencing via a SIP or POTS phone line, and seamless integration with up to two external video conferencing codecs.
The DMPS3-300-C-AEC from Crestron® delivers a complete, high-definition presentation control and conferencing solution for boardrooms, classrooms, and videoconference rooms. It integrates the control system, multi-format matrix switcher, mic mixer, audio conferencing interface, audio DSP, and amplifier all into one 3-space rack mount package. The DMPS3-300-C-AEC offers extensive signal routing flexibility and high-performance signal processing without the need for separate components. Auto-configuring inputs enable plug-and-play compatibility with a wide range of digital and analog sources. Built-in DigitalMedia 8G+® and HDBaseT® connectivity affords a streamlined, long-distance wiring solution for remote sources and display devices, and for facility-wide integration as part of a larger media distribution system.
The DMPS3-300-C-AEC is an enhanced version of the DMPS3-300-C featuring an integrated audio conferencing interface and full-bandwidth acoustic echo cancellation on each of its six mic inputs. It allows for high-quality, full-duplex voice conferencing via direct connection to a SIP phone system or POTS phone line, and integrates seamlessly with up to two external audio or video codecs for a total teleconferencing system solution.
No Programming Required!
- Installing the DMPS3-300-C-AEC is easy, fast, and affordable. Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully-functional presentation system with simplified configuration and a choice of control options and other add-ons.
HD System Switcher
- The DMPS3-300-C-AEC provides high-performance routing of numerous digital and analog sources to up to four separate projectors, flat panel displays, codecs, and other devices. Connectivity is provided for up to five HDMI® sources, or other combinations of HDMI, RGB, SPDIF, analog audio, and analog video sources. Additional remote sources can be connected via two DM 8G+® inputs. Input auto-detection and auto-switching eliminates the need to configure the inputs – simply connect your source and the DMPS3-300-C-AEC selects the right audio and video combination. Built-in matrix switching allows routing of eight simultaneous sources to four different digital AV devices, three analog audio components, and a telephone system.
Flexible Audio Routing
- The HDMI, SPDIF, and analog audio inputs may be configured to follow their associated video inputs, or switched independently. In fact, the audio from any HDMI source can be extracted from the digital stream and converted to analog to feed an outboard processor, mixer, or codec, with the return signal feeding back through any analog input, which can be embedded with any video source to form a new HDMI output. Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and 7.1 linear PCM audio signals can be routed through the HDMI and DM 8G+ inputs and outputs. The HDMI, SPDIF, and analog audio inputs include adjustable input compensation to accommodate a wide range of signals and maintain consistent volume levels when switching between sources.
- Its DM 8G+ inputs and outputs endow the DMPS3-300-C-AEC with incredible potential for connecting remote sources and display devices, and integrating with larger systems. DM 8G+ provides a true one-wire interface for transporting high-definition video, audio, control, power, and networking signals over CAT type cable at distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). Connecting a DM 8G+ receiver to either DM 8G+ output provides a streamlined AV and control interface for a projector or flat panel display located anywhere in the room. Connecting up to two DM 8G+ transmitters provides expanded input connectivity to incorporate remote AV sources and mobile devices at a conference table, lectern, credenza, wall plate, or some other location. DM 8G+ can also provide the interface to a centralized DigitalMedia™ matrix switcher to enable the distribution of signals between multiple rooms and buildings.
- Crestron DM 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via DM 8G+, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source or display device without requiring a DM® transmitter or receiver.
6-Channel Microphone Mixer
- The DMPS3-300-C-AEC includes built-in mixing and processing for six microphones. Each mic input provides 60 dB of gain adjustment, switchable 48V phantom power, fully-adjustable gating, compression, delay, and 4-band semi-parametric EQ. Sophisticated matrix mixing allows for a completely different stereo mix of all six microphones at each of the DMPS3-300-C-AEC’s eight outputs.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- High-performance adaptive AEC on each mic input enables high-quality audio conferencing capability for multiple participants in a room using up to six microphones. Low-latency, full-bandwidth performance affords highly-effective echo cancellation with natural sound quality. AEC is employed independently per microphone, with a fast convergence rate of 80 dB per second and tail lengths up to 200 ms, allowing the DMPS3-300-C-AEC to handle any typical small to medium sized room with ease.
Rava® SIP & POTS Phone Interface
- The DMPS3-300-C-AEC includes a built-in audio conferencing interface and phone dialer, enabling full-duplex voice conferencing capability over a SIP or POTS phone line without the need for a separate phone interface or codec. Crestron Rava technology allows the DMPS3-300-C-AEC to interface over Ethernet with a SIP-compatible phone system or other SIP compatible device. An RJ11 POTS interface is also built in to allow for direct connection to a conventional analog phone line or extension port. Using either SIP or POTS, participants can leverage the room’s touch screen to place outgoing calls, receive incoming calls, view caller ID, and control the entire session.
- For video conferencing applications, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC allows one or two codecs to be connected to any of the seven source inputs, and either (or both) of the “Aux” outputs. Dual codec support allows both codecs to be used simultaneously, even allowing the signal from one codec to be fed to the other for a fully inclusive teleconferencing experience. Plus, any local presentation source, or the incoming phone signal, can be mixed with the microphones and routed to the codecs, allowing far end participants to experience the full presentation without any distracting echo.
Professional Audio DSP
- Each analog audio output on the DMPS3-300-C-AEC includes its own digital signal processor, allowing each output to be optimized to feed a power amplifier, codec, recorder, or assistive listening system. In addition to real-time adjustable volume, bass, treble, and mute controls, each DSP provides 10-band graphic equalization, 4-band parametric equalization, fully-adjustable limiting, and up to 85 ms of speaker delay adjustment.
- An additional dedicated DSP is included to process the AEC reference signal inside the DMPS3-300-C-AEC, allowing its EQ and volume level to be set to track that of the main program output feeding the room speakers. In some situations, this can reduce the demand on the AEC’s adaptive filter for even more transparent performance.
Built-in Power Amplifier
- Its built-in power amplifier allows the DMPS3-300-C-AEC to directly drive a pair of stereo speakers (20 Watts per channel @ 8Ω), or a group of distributed ceiling speakers (40 Watts mono @ 70 or 100 Volts). Fed by the main “Program” output, the internal amplifier benefits fully from the onboard DSP. For larger applications, Crestron AMP-Series power amplifiers may be added, providing a complete solution for driving separate program and speech speakers, or any multi-zone speaker system.
EDID Format Management
- The DMPS3-300-C-AEC allows for management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between the display devices and input sources in the system. Using Crestron Toolbox™ software, the format and resolution capabilities of each device can be assessed, allowing the installer to configure EDID signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
A Scaler for Every Display
- Through a distributed scaler approach, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC affords a very flexible and user-friendly solution for handling multiple disparate display devices and video codecs. Employing discrete outboard scalers like the HD-SCALER-HD-E, DM-RMC-SCALER-C, and DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC allows an independent high-performance scaler to be installed at each display device and in front of each codec, ensuring an optimal image on every screen no matter what sources are selected.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts” for every source and display device connected to the system.
- Crestron Auto-Locking Technology enables super fast signal switching by instantaneously configuring every device in the signal path, including DM transmitters, DM receivers, and scalers, as soon as the signal hits the first device. Whether switching between sources or TV channels, Auto-Locking significantly reduces the time it takes each device to sense the new signal and configure itself to handle the changes, virtually eliminating any noticeable gap while switching.
USB Signal Routing
- Along with video and audio, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC can also provide for the routing of USB HID (Human Interface Device) signals, allowing a USB HID compliant keyboard and/or mouse at one location to control a computer or media server at another location. USB HID connectivity is provided through select DM receivers and transmitters. Crestron also offers USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM), which may be used to enable the routing of multiple USB devices of virtually any type, all seamlessly managed through the DMPS-300-C-AEC.
Integrated 3-Series Control System®
- Its built-in 3-Series control system enables the DMPS3-300-C-AEC to provide complete, customizable control of every AV device, as well as room lighting, window shades, and projection screens, without requiring a separate control processor. Onboard control ports include four IR ports, two RS-232 COM ports, four relay ports, and four digital input ports, as well as Cresnet® and Ethernet. The DMPS3-300-C-AEC supports the full line of Crestron touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes for a user experience custom tailored to the specific requirements of each end-user. Support for Crestron control apps and Crestron Fusion® Cloud delivers the industry’s most powerful platform for remotely controlling and managing multiple rooms using computers and mobile devices.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- For controlling third-party AV devices, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC provides an alternative to conventional IR, RS-232, and Ethernet by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many devices can be controlled right through their HDMI connections, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
Built-in Ethernet Switch
- In addition to transporting digital video and audio, the DM 8G+ ports on the DMPS3-300-C-AEC can also extend Ethernet out to the display and source devices, providing high-speed connectivity for each room device that requires a LAN connection. Ethernet is also utilized internally by the Crestron control bus to manage each transmitter and receiver and provide device control.
Private Network Mode
- To streamline its implementation on a corporate or university LAN, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC employs Private Network Mode to provide a single-point connection for the complete system. Using Private Network Mode, the DMPS3-300-C-AEC requires just one IP address for the complete DM network including all connected DM receivers and transmitters.
- Every step of the DMPS3-300-C-AEC setup process is designed to be quick and easy, configuring inputs and outputs automatically while letting the installer make intelligent design decisions along the way. Out of the box, the front panel supports basic signal routing for easy testing and troubleshooting during installation. Simplified system configuration is enabled using .AV Framework, which is easily configurable via a computer web browser. Advanced configuration and adjustment is enabled through the front panel, a web browser, or Crestron Toolbox software. The front panel label strips can be customized using Crestron Engraver software or standard 3/8” tape labels, allowing for the clear designation of each input and output. Inputs and outputs may also be designated by name to appear on the LCD display when selected.
Crestron Connect It™
- Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that works seamlessly with the DMPS3-300-C-AEC. Simply add one or more Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100 series) to provide BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Power and communications for each cable caddy are provided via Cresnet, or via the USB port on a Crestron Connect It compatible DM transmitter.
- High-definition, multi-format 7x4 system switcher, mic mixer, audio conferencing interface, audio DSP, amplifier, and control system
- Built-in .AV Framework™ delivers a fully-functional system without any programming
- Integrated 3-Series Control System® allows fully-programmable room control
- DigitalMedia 8G+® connectivity enables long-distance wiring over CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides matrix signal routing for up to 7 video sources and 4 displays
- Handles HDMI®, DVI, Dual-Mode DisplayPort, HDBaseT, and SPDIF digital sources
- Handles RGB, composite, S-Video, component, and stereo audio analog sources
- Features auto-detecting, auto-switching inputs for all types of video and audio sources
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking® technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides adjustable input level compensation on each audio input
- External scaler options provide discrete image optimization for each display device
- Includes built-in 6-channel gated microphone mixing w/DSP
- Includes full-bandwidth, fully-adaptive acoustic echo cancellation on each mic input
- Enables full-duplex voice conferencing over a POTS or SIP phone line
- Allows seamless integration with one or two video conferencing codecs
- Affords versatile audio signal mixing and routing to 8 separate outputs
- Allows audio-follow-video or breakaway switching for all inputs
- Enables analog-to-HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Provides 3 stereo analog outputs with independent DSP per output
- Features built-in amplifier, selectable for 20W/Ch. @ 8Ω stereo or 40W @ 70/100 Volts mono
- Enables USB signal routing via DM® transmitters and receivers or USB-EXT-DM extenders
- Includes onboard IR, RS-232, relay, digital input, and Cresnet® control ports
- Supports Crestron® touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes
- Supports XPanel with Smart Graphics™ computer and web based control
- Supports iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control apps
- Supports universal remotes via external RC-5 compatible IR receiver
- Communicates natively with Crestron Fusion® Cloud
- Enables IT-friendly network integration via SNMP
- Integrated Ethernet switch provides a single-point LAN connection
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete system
- Provides easy setup and diagnostics via the front panel, a web browser, or Crestron Toolbox™ software
- Includes front panel controls for basic configuration, diagnostics, and signal routing
- Includes customizable front panel label strips and LCD display
- Features an internal universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- Furnishes Power over DM or HDBaseT for PoDM/PoH-powered devices
- 3-space 19-inch rack-mountable