Provides a complete 4K AV presentation control and signal routing solution for boardrooms and classrooms. Integrates the control system, matrix switcher, video scaler, mic mixer, audio DSP, amplifier, and DigitalMedia distribution center all into a single 3-space rackmount package. Affords substantial signal routing flexibility and high-performance signal processing without the need for separate components. Built-in .AV Framework™ enables simplified configuration and control without programming.
The DMPS3-4K-250-C includes a built-in AirMedia® gateway to enable wireless presentation from computers and mobile devices.
The DMPS3-4K-250-C from Crestron® offers an all-in-one 4K AV presentation system for classrooms, boardrooms, lecture halls, and video conference rooms. Delivering a complete, custom-programmable room solution with fully-configurable signal routing and processing is easy and cost-effective using the DMPS3-4K-250-C. In one 3-space rack mount package, it integrates the control system, matrix switcher, video scaler, streaming decoder, mic mixer, audio DSP, and amplifier. Its built-in AirMedia® gateway, when activated, enables wireless presentation from computers and mobile devices. DigitalMedia 8G+® and HDBaseT® connectivity affords a streamlined, long-distance wiring solution for remote sources and display devices, and for facility-wide integration as part of a larger media distribution system.
Note: To purchase the DMPS3-4K-250-C with AirMedia pre-activated (no license required), see model DMPS3-4K-250-C-AIRMEDIA.
4K Ultra HD
- Crestron DigitalMedia™ continues to advance the standard for digital AV signal management, delivering the most complete end-to-end 4K system solutions available. The DMPS3-4K-250-C handles 4K/60 video with HDCP 2.2 encryption, ensuring support for all the latest 4K and Ultra HD displays and media sources. Support for 4K is also essential to support the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
No Programming Required!
- Installing the DMPS3-4K-250-C is easy, fast, and affordable. Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully-functional presentation system with simplified configuration and a choice of control options and other add-ons.
AirMedia® Wireless Presentation
- Built-in AirMedia technology allows for wireless presentation of content from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet device via a Wi-Fi® wireless network. With AirMedia, anyone can walk into the room with a Windows® or MacBook® laptop and connect without wires, enabling the presentation of any content including Full HD video at frame rates up to 30 fps. iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices can present PowerPoint®, Excel®, Word, and PDF documents, as well as pictures, videos, or any app content with full-screen mirroring. AirMedia lets up to 32 participants connect at once, switching from one to the next for seamless collaboration on the fly.
HD Streaming Video
- Its onboard streaming decoder enables the DMPS3-4K-250-C to receive a high-definition AV signal over the network or internet from a DigitalMedia switcher, IP camera, or streaming encoder (Crestron DM-TXRX-100-STR or similar). H.264 and MJPEG streaming formats are supported with resolutions up to HD 1080p and bitrates up to 25 Mbps. High-quality AAC audio decoding is employed to handle 2-channel stereo audio with full frequency response.
4K System Switcher
- The DMPS3-4K-250-C provides high-performance routing of HDMI®, AirMedia, and streaming AV sources to two separate displays, projectors, codecs, and other devices. Its video inputs include six HDMI, one DM 8G+®, and one streaming/AirMedia. The HDMI inputs are compatible with DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources, and the DM 8G+ input is compatible with HDBaseT. Five balanced analog audio inputs are also included. Each HDMI and analog audio input includes adjustable input compensation to accommodate a range of signals and maintain consistent volume levels when switching between sources.
- Built-in 8x2 video matrix switching allows two different video sources to be routed simultaneously to two different display devices. Video outputs are comprised of one HDMI and one DM 8G+. The HDMI output is compatible with DVI and the DM 8G+ output is compatible with HDBaseT.
- The audio signal from any input can be freely routed to any of three separate stereo analog audio outputs. Audio can also be routed to the digital outputs via two independently switchable signal paths, either of which may be selected to feed the HDMI output, the DM 8G+ output, or both.
4K/60 Video Scaling
- A high-performance 4K scaler is included on the HDMI output to ensure an optimal image on the display no matter what source is selected. The scaler allows all types of video and computer sources to be viewed reliably and look their best on any display up to 4K.
- Input resolutions from standard definition NTSC 480i to ultra high-definition 4K DCI are scaled beautifully to any output resolution up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz). Interlaced sources are converted to progressive scan using motion-adaptive deinterlacing. Intelligent frame rate conversion enables support for 24p and PAL format sources. And, 3D to 2D conversion allows 3D content to be viewed on a 2D-only display. Fully automatic operation eliminates any complicated setup by utilizing the display's EDID to configure the scaler.
- Scaling can be added to the DM 8G+ output using the DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C receiver, which features its own built-in 4K scaler. This method of employing an independent scaler for each display device delivers the most versatile and reliable solution for handling a wide array of input sources and routing them to two disparate display devices.
- Its DM 8G+ input and output endow the DMPS3-4K-250-C with incredible potential for connecting remote sources and display devices, and integrating with larger systems. DM 8G+ provides a true one-wire interface for transporting ultra high-definition video, audio, control, power, and networking signals over CAT type cable at distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). Connecting a DM 8G+ receiver to the DM 8G+ output provides a streamlined AV and control interface for a projector or flat panel display located anywhere in the room. Connecting a DM 8G+ transmitter provides expanded input connectivity to incorporate remote AV sources and mobile devices at a conference table, lectern, credenza, wall plate, or some other location. DM 8G+ can also provide the interface to a centralized DigitalMedia matrix switcher to enable the distribution of signals between multiple rooms and buildings.
- Crestron DM 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via DM 8G+, the DMPS3-4K-250-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source or display device without requiring a DM® transmitter or receiver.
6-Channel Microphone Mixer
- The DMPS3-4K-250-C includes built-in mixing and processing for six microphones. Each mic input provides 60 dB of gain adjustment, switchable 48V phantom power, fully-adjustable gating, compression, delay, and 4-band semi-parametric EQ. Sophisticated matrix mixing allows for a completely different stereo mix of all six microphones at each of the DMPS3-4K-250-C’s three analog audio outputs. Two additional mixes can be configured and selected to feed the HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs.
Professional Audio DSP
- Each analog audio output on the DMPS3-4K-250-C includes its own digital signal processor, allowing each output to be optimized to feed a power amplifier, codec, recorder, or assistive listening system. In addition to real-time adjustable volume, bass, treble, and mute controls, each DSP provides 10-band graphic equalization, 4-band parametric equalization, fully-adjustable limiting, and up to 85 ms of speaker delay adjustment.
Built-in Power Amplifier
- Its built-in power amplifier allows the DMPS3-4K-250-C to directly drive a pair of stereo speakers (25 Watts per channel @ 8Ω), or a group of distributed ceiling speakers (50 Watts mono @ 70 or 100 Volts). Fed by the main “Program” output, the internal amplifier benefits fully from the onboard DSP. For larger applications, Crestron AMP-Series power amplifiers may be added to provide a complete solution for driving separate program and speech speakers, or any multi-zone speaker system.
Audio Embedding & De-Embedding
- The inclusion of professionally balanced analog audio inputs and outputs, combined with the ability to route audio signals independent of video, affords extensive flexibility for many specialized applications — without the need for any extra equipment! For instance, its balanced inputs allow the DMPS3-4K-250-C to interface directly with an audio mixing console, allowing the live sound mix to be embedded with the video signal from a digital camera and combined into a single HDMI output signal. Or, any of its balanced outputs may be used to de-embed audio from a digital AV source to feed the mixing console. An “Aux” output may even be re-routed back through an analog input to allow its built-in DSP, or an external DSP, to be used to process the audio signal feeding the HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs.
EDID Format Management
- The DMPS3-4K-250-C allows for management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between the display devices, scaler, and input sources in the system. From the web browser setup screen, the format and resolution capabilities of each device can be assessed, allowing the installer to configure EDID signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts” for every source and display device connected to the system.
- Crestron Auto-Locking Technology enables super-fast signal switching by instantaneously configuring every device in the signal path, including DM transmitters, DM receivers, and scalers, as soon as the signal hits the first device. Whether switching between sources or changing TV channels, Auto-Locking significantly reduces the time it takes each device to sense the new signal and configure itself to handle the changes, virtually eliminating any noticeable gap while switching.
USB Signal Routing
- Along with video and audio, the DMPS3-4K-250-C can also provide for the routing of USB HID (Human Interface Device) signals, allowing a USB HID compliant keyboard and/or mouse at one location to control a computer or media server at another location. USB HID connectivity is provided through select DM receivers and transmitters. Crestron also offers USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM-LOCAL and USB-EXT-DM-REMOTE ), which may be used to enable the routing of multiple USB devices of virtually any type, all seamlessly managed through the DMPS3-4K-250-C.
Integrated 3-Series Control System®
- Its built-in 3-Series control system enables the DMPS3-4K-250-C to provide complete, customizable control of every AV device, as well as room lighting, window shades, and projection screens, without requiring a separate control processor. Onboard control ports include four IR ports, two RS-232 COM ports, four relay ports, and four digital input ports, as well as Cresnet® and Ethernet. The DMPS3-4K-250-C supports the full line of Crestron touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes for a user experience custom tailored to the specific requirements of each end-user. Support for Crestron control apps and Crestron Fusion® delivers the industry’s most powerful platform for remotely controlling, monitoring, and managing multiple rooms using computers and mobile devices.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- For controlling third-party AV devices, the DMPS3-4K-250-C provides an alternative to conventional IR, RS-232, and Ethernet by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many devices can be controlled right through their HDMI or HDBaseT connections, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
Built-in Ethernet Switch
- In addition to transporting digital video and audio, the DM 8G+ ports on the DMPS3-4K-250-C can also extend Ethernet out to the display and source devices (via select DM transmitters and receivers), providing high-speed connectivity for each room device that requires a LAN connection. Ethernet is also utilized internally by the Crestron control bus to manage each transmitter and receiver and provide device control.
Dedicated Control Subnet
- The Crestron Control Subnet is a Gigabit Ethernet network dedicated to Crestron devices. Via the DMPS3-4K-250-C’s Control Subnet port, an installer may simply connect a single touch screen or wireless gateway, or add a Crestron PoE switch (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) to handle multiple touch screens, gateways, and other devices. PoE can be enabled at the Control Subnet port to power a single touch screen or other PoE powered device. Auto-configuration of the entire subnet is performed by the DMPS3-4K-250-C, discovering each device and assigning IP addresses without any extra effort from the installer.
Private Network Mode
- To streamline its implementation on a corporate or university LAN, the DMPS3-4K-250-C employs Private Network Mode. Using Private Network Mode, the DMPS3-4K-250-C requires just one IP address for the complete room system including all connected DM receivers and transmitters.
- Every step of the DMPS3-4K-250-C setup process is designed to be quick and easy. Out of the box, the front panel supports basic signal routing for easy testing and troubleshooting during installation. Simplified system configuration is enabled using .AV Framework, which is easily configurable via a computer web browser. Advanced configuration and adjustment is enabled through the front panel or a web browser. The front panel label strips can be customized using Crestron Engraver software or standard 3/8” tape labels, allowing for the clear designation of each input and output. Inputs and outputs may also be designated by name to appear on the LCD display when selected.
Crestron Connect It™
- Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that works seamlessly with the DMPS3-4K-250-C. Simply add one or more Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100, TT-101, TT-110, or TT-111 series ) to provide BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Power and communications for each cable caddy are provided via Cresnet, or via the USB port on a Crestron Connect It compatible DM transmitter.
- Ultra high-definition 8x2 system switcher, scaler, mic mixer, audio DSP, amplifier, and control system
- Built-in .AV Framework™ delivers a fully-functional system without any programming
- Integrated 3-Series Control System® allows fully-programmable room control
- Onboard AirMedia® gateway enables wireless BYOD presentation capability
- Built-in H.264 streaming video decoder
- Provides matrix signal routing for up to 8 video sources and 2 displays
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K DCI and Ultra HD
- Includes HDMI®, DM 8G+®, and balanced stereo analog audio inputs
- Also supports Dual-Mode DisplayPort, DVI, and HDBaseT® sources
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking® technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Provides adjustable input level compensation on each audio input
- Includes built-in 6-channel gated microphone mixing with DSP
- Provides one HDMI output and one DM 8G+ (HDBaseT compatible) output
- DigitalMedia 8G+® connectivity enables long-distance wiring over CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Features a high-performance 4K scaler on the HDMI output
- Upscales input signals to match the native resolution of any screen — including 4K and Ultra HD displays!
- Downscales 4K, UHD, and ultra high-resolution computer signals to fit 1080p and other lower-resolution displays
- Handles any input resolution from standard NTSC 480i or PAL 576i, to UHD and 4K
- Provides intelligent frame rate conversion, content-adaptive noise reduction, and motion-adaptive de-interlacing
- Provides 3D to 2D signal conversion
- Provides three balanced stereo audio outputs, each with independent mixer and DSP
- Provides two additional audio mixes, either of which is selectable at either digital output
- Features a built-in amplifier, selectable for 25W/Ch. @ 8Ω stereo or 50W @ 70/100 Volts mono
- Enables analog-to-HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding
- Enables USB signal routing via DM® transmitters and receivers or USB-EXT-DM series extenders
- Includes onboard IR, RS-232, relay, digital input, and Cresnet® control ports
- Supports Crestron® touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes
- Supports XPanel with Smart Graphics® computer and web based control
- Supports iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control apps
- Supports universal remotes via external RC-5 compatible IR receiver
- Communicates natively with Crestron Fusion®
- Enables IT-friendly network integration via SNMP
- Integrated Ethernet switch provides a single-point LAN connection
- Control Subnet — provides a dedicated local network for Crestron devices
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete system
- Content LAN port allows streaming and AirMedia traffic to be isolated on a secondary network
- Includes front panel controls for basic configuration, diagnostics, and signal routing
- Includes customizable front panel label strips and LCD display
- Allows advanced setup and adjustment via a web browser
- Features an internal universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- Furnishes power to PoDM+ and HDBaseT PoE+ powered devices
- 3-space 19-inch rack-mountable