Provides a sleek and modern looking Full HD 1080p touch screen featuring premium metallic construction. Suitable for installation on a wall, tabletop, or VESA mount. Features DM 8G+® connectivity, Smart Graphics™ performance, dual-window 4K uncompressed and HD streaming video display, annotation, voice recognition, web browsing, and Rava® SIP Intercom. Powered via PoDM++ or 24VDC (100-240V power pack included). Available in dark gray with black glass, all white, or custom Signature Series finishes.
Advanced Touch Screen Control
- A Crestron® touch screen offers an ideal user-interface for controlling all the technology in your home, boardroom, classroom, courtroom, or command center. Touch screens simplify and enhance the way you use technology, doing away with those piles of remote controls, cluttered wall switches, disparate smartphone apps, and cryptic computer screens. For controlling audio, video, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, and other systems, Crestron touch screens are fully-customizable with easy-to-use controls and icons, true feedback and real-time status display, full-motion video windows, and a full-featured media player for an enhanced multi-room entertainment experience.
- The Crestron TS-1542-C delivers the ultimate touch screen experience — blending style and function with advanced high-definition graphics. In one slim device, the TS-1542-C integrates a brilliant 15.6” Full HD touch screen display and high-performance digital graphics engine. Its sleek, modern design features premium metallic construction and edge-to-edge glass for a contemporary look that’s perfectly at home placed on an executive boardroom table, installed in a high-tech command center, or mounted on the wall in a luxury residence.
- Featuring enhanced Smart Graphics™ performance and dual-window HD video display, the TS-1542-C delivers an elegant and powerful touch screen control solution for a wide range of applications. Its DM 8G+® input provides a single-wire interface carrying high-speed Ethernet, uncompressed 4K video, H.264 streaming video, and PoDM++ power, all over a single CAT type cable. Additional features include the abilities to control any function using voice commands, browse the Internet, annotate over a video image or whiteboard screen, and communicate using built-in VoIP intercom and phone functions.
- A choice of tabletop, wall, or VESA mounting options afford an integrator-friendly solution that’s easy to install and fits perfectly in any space. Standard finishes include either white or dark gray metallic, or choose the Signature Series option to design your own custom finish.
Sleek, Versatile Design
- At just 1-3/4 inches (45 mm) deep, the TS-1542-C can be mounted virtually anywhere using the supplied wall mount kit or a third-party VESA 100 compliant mounting arm, bracket, or stand. A tabletop tilt model (TS-1542-TILT-C) is also offered, which features an ultra-stylish, smooth-tilt base for use on a table, desk, podium, or countertop.
TS-1542-C Signature Series
- The Signature Series allows the TS-1542-C to be transformed into a beautiful showpiece adorned with custom colors and graphics on the tilt base and rear of the touch screen. No design is off limits, as Crestron provides the means for design ideas to be submitted, rendered for approval, and then made real.
- Crestron touch screens use Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
- Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
- Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
- Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information
- A power-saving screensaver that can display the time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
- Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
- A consistent look and feel across multiple touch screens of varying sizes
- The TS-1542-C maintains optimal visibility under varying lighting conditions by automatically adjusting its display brightness according to changes in the ambient light level in the room.
DigitalMedia 8G+® & 4K Video
- Using DM 8G+ technology, the TS-1542-C achieves complete connectivity over a single CAT type twisted pair cable. The cable connects to a Crestron DM® system (i.e., a DM switcher or transmitter), which can be located in a central equipment cabinet or some other remote location. The DM system provides the interface for all video, audio, and networking signals to the TS-1542-C. Power for the TS-1542-C can also be carried over the DM 8G+ connection by adding a PoDM++ compatible power source.
- The DM 8G+ connection transports high-speed Ethernet, uncompressed 4K video, and stereo audio signals from the DM system to the TS-1542-C. Support for 4K video and HDCP 2.2 encryption ensures compatibility with a complete range of video sources. Any video source connected to the DM system, including 4K and Ultra HD sources, can be viewed right on the touch screen, either full screen or in a window.
- DM 8G+ supports 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals over cable lengths up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra or DM 8G Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
HD Streaming Video
- High-definition streaming video capability makes it possible to view live streaming video from IP cameras and streaming encoders (Crestron CEN-NVS200, DM-TXRX-100-STR, DMC-STRO, or similar ). Up to two streaming video windows can be displayed simultaneously, or a single streaming window can be displayed alongside a DM 8G+ video window. H.264 and MJPEG streaming formats are supported.
- Some things are easier said than done, so why not just say what you want and let Crestron do it for you? With built-in voice recognition, the TS-1542-C provides the ability to use spoken commands to control virtually anything. Voice recognition can be used to quickly turn devices on or off, select and play a specific media title or playlist, change the channel, choose a lighting scene, lock the doors, arm the security system, or enter a password. Simply say a command and Crestron does the rest.
Rava® SIP Intercom
- Rava SIP Intercom Technology enables hands-free VoIP communication with other Rava-enabled touch screens and door stations. Rava works over Ethernet, supporting 2-way intercom, video intercom, and paging without requiring any special wiring. VoIP phone capability is also possible through integration with a SIP-compatible IP phone system or SIP server, allowing hands-free telephone functionality complete with speed-dialing, caller ID, custom ringers, and other enhancements. Built-in echo cancellation affords full-duplex performance for clear, seamless voice communication.
Speakers and Microphone
- The built-in speakers and microphone provide clear audio for intercom and phone calls, as well as for listening to multimedia.
- Customized audio files can be loaded to add another dimension to the touch screen graphics using personalized sounds, button feedback, and voice prompts.
- Using its built-in web browser, the TS-1542-C provides quick access to online program guides and other web-based services at the touch of a button, allowing enhanced touch screen control of DVRs and other appliances without having to pick up a separate tablet or smartphone. If a device can be controlled or managed through a web browser, it can be integrated into the Crestron system through the TS-1542-C. Of course, the web browser may also be used to simply browse the Internet, watch online videos, and check up on social media.
- The TS-1542-C’s capacitive touch screen affords enhanced capabilities for browsing web pages using multi-touch gestures.
- Typing in passwords, URLs, and text searches is facilitated using the on-screen multi-language keyboard. A physical USB keyboard (not included) may also be connected.
- Whether conducting a high-level boardroom meeting or training seminar, sharing ideas in a huddle space, or watching sports in your home theater, annotation helps put the fine point on any presentation. Annotation provides the ability to illustrate your thoughts on-the-fly, letting you draw and write over streaming video and computer images, and sketch out ideas on a whiteboard screen.
- Native to the TS-1542-C, remote annotation capability allows multiple participants, each with a separate touch screen, to draw with their fingertips over the same video image or whiteboard, enabling enhanced collaboration in a classroom, courtroom, or council chamber. Adding a Crestron Digital Graphics Engine (model DGE-100) connected to the room’s main display allows the whole annotation session to be viewed by the entire audience.
- The TS-1542-C ships with a 24V DC power pack, which connects to the back of the touch screen and a nearby 100-240V AC outlet. Alternately, the TS-1542-C can be powered remotely from a Cresnet® network or power supply. For applications requiring a single-wire solution, the TS-1542-C can be powered through its DM 8G+ connection using a PoDM++ injector (model DM-PSU-ULTRA-MIDSPAN).
- Each TS-1542-C ships with a compact interface module (TS-1542-IMCW), which may be used as required to provide an RJ45 DM 8G+ connection for the touch screen. The module can be mounted in a 1-gang electrical box or floor box, under a table, or in a podium or equipment rack. A 6 foot (1.8 meter) long cable is included for connection between the module and touch screen.
- NOTE: When surface mounted using the wall mount kit (included with models TS-1542-C-B-S and TS-1542-C-W-S only), all wiring enters through an electrical box or cut-out and is concealed from view. For this method of installation, the interface module may not be required.
- Modern, high-end appearance
- Premium metallic construction
- Full HD 1080p capacitive touch display
- Multi-touch capable
- Auto-brightness control
- Integrated digital graphics engine
- Enhanced Smart Graphics™ performance
- Dual-window HD video display
- 4K DM 8G+® video input
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- HD streaming video support
- Remote annotation support
- Built-in web browsing
- On-screen keyboard
- External USB keyboard support
- Customizable screensaver
- Built-in microphone and speakers
- Voice recognition capability
- Full duplex Rava® intercom and phone
- Customizable audio feedback
- High-speed Ethernet connectivity via DM 8G+
- 24VDC or PoDM++ powered
- Includes 100-240V universal power pack
- Choice of surface wall mount or tabletop
- VESA mount compatible
- Available in dark gray w/black glass or all white
- Signature Series custom colors and graphics also available