Powers up to 10 Crestron® Quiet Motor Technology™ roller shade or drapery system motors and features an Ethernet to Cresnet® bridge and a built-in, 5-segment Cresnet hub.
The CSA-PWS10S-HUB-ENET Power Supply powers up to 10 Crestron® Quiet Motor Technology™ roller shade or drapery system motors and features an Ethernet to Cresnet® bridge and a built-in, 5-segment Cresnet® hub. The embedded Ethernet to Cresnet bridge provides the flexibility necessary for a multitude of installation configurations with the added benefit of high-speed communications. Any hub set to Ethernet becomes a Cresnet hub master for any daisy-chained hubs that are set to Cresnet and connected to the hub. A local control interface with LED feedback indicators allows roller shade or drapery systems to be tested without a control system connection. In addition to network diagnostics capabilities, the CSA-PWS10S-HUB-ENET is convection cooled for silent operation and can be surface-mounted or mounted in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure.
The Cresnet Bus
- Cresnet is the communications backbone for many Crestron keypads, lighting controls, shade motors, thermostats, occupancy sensors, and other devices that don’t require the higher speed of Ethernet. It provides a dependable and flexible wiring solution, allowing multiple devices to be wired together in parallel using both home-run and daisy-chain topologies. The Cresnet bus distributes bidirectional data communication and 24VDC power to each device over a single 4-conductor cable.
Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge
- Adding one or more CSA-PWS10S-HUB-ENETs to a Crestron Shading Solutions System enables the distribution of Cresnet over high-speed Ethernet. The increased bandwidth afforded by Ethernet reduces latency for overall improved speed and performance. By leveraging existing LAN infrastructure in any facility, wiring distances can be extended easily while potentially reducing the overall wiring requirements. Multiple hubs can communicate solely over Ethernet as long as they are each directly connected to an Ethernet source.
- The built-in diagnostics featured on the CSA-PWS10S-HUB-ENET enable the user to automatically shut down any branch with a fault, to identify the exact problem (e.g., Y shorted to Z, Z shorted to GND, overload, etc.) without a multimeter, and then to trigger program events based on problems detected by the power supply (e.g., display notices on touch screens and send emails to the service department). For easy troubleshooting, the hub supports the ability to remotely cycle power to each shade or drapery motor that is connected to it.
CAEN Enclosure Mounting
- The CSA-PWS10S-HUB-ENET occupies a single module space in any CAEN or CAEN-MLO automation enclosure. Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge and Cresnet Hub modules are controlled by the DIN-AP3 and other 3-Series® control systems via the Cresnet network or via a control system with Ethernet communications.
- Support for up to 10 Crestron® roller shade motors, 10 drapery system motors, or a combination of the two up to a total of 10
- Built-in 5-segment Cresnet® hub
- Ethernet to Cresnet bridge
- Ability to remotely cycle power to each shade motor to assist in troubleshooting
- Individual per-motor overcurrent protection
- Local shade and drapery master controls
- Clear diagnostic LED indicators
- Convection cooled for silent operation
- Surface-mountable or mountable in a CAEN enclosure